DivFix++ is started its life as CLI "DivFix" clone. I rewrite DivFix program due it's bugs and low performance.
This program repairs broken AVI file streams by rebuilding index part of file. This is very useful when trying to preview movies which has no index part, like some files are currently downloading from ed2k (eMule) or bittorent networks. DivFix++ specialy designed for preview video download files from P2P networks.
DivFix++ has supports CLI tools, this means you can fix a file to temporary location, preview with a player, than delete temporary movie file after preview automatically via script by using argument parameters...
DivFix++ program code supports lots of operating system, because it's written by cross-platform API, wxWidgets.
Why I write this program? What I needed? I love downloading videos from internet, I am a heavy ed2k downloader.
I found the original DivFix program. It looks good at beginning but I realized that it's scans avi file twice! This makes DivFix slow due excessive HDD usage and it also uses %100 CPU cycle and, because of my single core pocassor that days, that makes it other programs slow too. I think that, cutting an avi file couldn't take all of CPU and its not necessary that scanning an avi file twice for fix it. I tried to fix DivFix, but it's in perl language.I don't know perl, semantic is understandable but I couldn't manage to fix. Instead of that I tried to port that program to C++. I failed this also.
Than I start from beggining, studied the RIFF format. I learn that AVI file is actually a RIFF file with avi extension... After studying RIFF, I understand that what old DivFix perl code try to do. Than I wrote new way to reach same goal with wxWidgets library. wxWidgets gives portability to my project. DivFix++ could roun in any OS that wx supports, while old DivFix program runs only with windows.
Author Home Site